ADVERTISEMENT

Football What does "resources" have to do with being an inept coach?

MMVandySavage

Lieutenant
Gold Member
Mar 21, 2018
Mason: “I’ve been sort of just in a zone just trying to figure out exactly what I need to do within my own program, but I really appreciated him going to look at other places and other programs and seeing how Vanderbilt stacks up. There’s a lot of factors in there but when you look at it. You talk about facilities, you talk about recruiting, understanding who we are and making sure that we resource ourselves properly.” “Vanderbilt looks different than the other teams in this conference,” Mason said.

This absolutely kills me. When ADMT was walking around seeing how programs stacked up, did he do a 360 review on the X & O play calling, the historically bad defensive schemes, time management issues, lack of adjustments, undisciplined special teams, non-use of players, lack of attention to detail...etc. I mean we have six years of evidence out there!!! Did he talk to ex-coordinators, players, analysts?

Giving Mason the facilities & resource excuse is the worst part of this. Unless ADMT is the best word parser since Bill Clinton, this is just a lazy "out". That's not to say we don't need to improve our resources, but it completely ignores the 6 years of coaching every fan sat here and watched.

Unless "moving forward" is BS, ADMT is the bigger issue here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News