ADVERTISEMENT

Virginia Tech Football: 4 layup wins & 3 potential losses on the Hokies 2024 schedule

sidedore

Commodore
Gold Member
Feb 4, 2003
Virginia Tech Football: 4 layup wins & 3 potential losses on the Hokies 2024 schedule

Hokies trying to call us a "layup" win. Let's call that overconfidence. While we didn't show much fight last year, I think we have a real shot at this game. Otherwise I will be ticked off at what I just paid for my roundtrip flight.

"The Hokies will travel to Nashville to open the season against Vanderbilt out of the SEC. Normally an SEC opponent would be trouble, however, the Commodores are not exactly an SEC powerhouse like Georgia and Alabama. They are still in major rebuild mode under head coach Clark Lea and 2024 looks like they could be for another tough campaign.

Let's face it, if Virginia Tech wants to get where some are hoping they can, this has to be a win and unless something unforeseen happens, it will be. It will be a good road test for a veteran team on both sides of the ball against a team in Vanderbilt that will start transfer quarterback Diego Pavia from New Mexico State. No doubt Pry will have his team locked in for this battle."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.