ADVERTISEMENT

VandyGold tailgate ...

swingawaydore

Lieutenant, junior grade
Gold Member
Feb 23, 2004
We added a couple of great members last year to our VandyGold tailgate group, and we are looking to add a few more for this season. If interested contact me at nate mabry at comcast, and I'll give all the particulars and how we work.

Regular members from Vandysports.com
Swingawaydore
Fan of Vandy
Original VU Dore
Vandyrules
VandyV
JTBeaver
Tony Pack
VandyGold (Dan)
Mike. Jesse and/or Chris usually swing by before the game too.

I am in full-time this year. No longer showing up just for the tailgate a couple of times each year and then leaving to watch the game on TV.
smile.r191677.gif

The location of the VandyGold tailgate is the first tent in Vandyville closest to the big screen TV on Natchez Trace, which makes it the easiest tent in Vandyville to find. A donation is expected to help offset the cost of the tent, food, and supplies.

Not sure how this will work out, but if you bought Vanderbilt football season tickets and are not able to attend some games and would like to see the tickets go to VandySports subscribers, email me at
gregathaptown.gif
[/URL]. My main motivation for doing this is that I know several VS members that have kids, and would like to help get these tickets so that they can be distributed to their kids/friends. And since I will be at the VandyGold tailgate at least 4 hours before each game, it makes it easy to meet up.

This post was edited on 8/7 10:51 AM by Haptown

Gonna have to swing by and checkout "Big Nates Grill" for sure!!

#BOOM

I will be there for the South Carolina game.......will have Jamie and another friend with me (Gator Fan).....and hopefully my dad will make it for the game. (He has had really bad health recently and got some devastating news about his future....so hoping he can make some games this year as we bought him season tickets)

Will be down their early. What time is everyone setting up? We are dropping Chase off at moms out by MBA in the monrning, then plan to walk around and check out the improvements....hopefully by then everyone will be starting to arrive.....hopefully Chase will make an appearance later in the day so everyone can meet the little commodore.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again. Go Dores!!

So sorry to hear about your Dad. Hope he will feel well enough to make the game. Looking forward to seeing you and Jamie, and that little guy of yours definitely needs to show up. Just remember that the "Dore Alley Walk" occurs about 2-1/2 hours before game time and that the Natchez will be blocked off even from foot traffic until the team and band pass.

Travel safely, and we'll see you at the tailgate!! Should be setting up by 2 or 2:30 would be my guess.

Vandyville officially opens 3 hours before kickoff, but I believe that Natchez Trace is normally blocked off 6 hours before the game starts. Should be cool to get there about 1pm and expect somebody to be there.

They are opening the lots for tailgating at 9am Thursday. Saw it at Vandy when I was there this weekend.

VU Medical is moving their staff parking for this day to accomodate the tailgaters......fyi.

Went out on the field this weekend. Turf looks great, endzone looks great. Berm looks really good....that whole end of the stadium looks really good.

Excited to get back in two weeks and see some Vandy football.

I will be down walking around by 10am or so.....

Originally posted by DontslamtheDores:
I dropped by and met a few of you. Thanks for the welcome. I'll drop in for every game.
I share these sentiments. Met Swingaway and JTBeaver & Matt and you guys really had it going on.

LOL. I'll drop by. I dropped some burger bucks on Tony. btw....I looked to be the oldest one there....but not by much. :)

DontslamtheDores

Anchor Down!

I'd love to come but don't have a ticket my dad and fiance have to work this weekend anyone have one I can buy and sit with for the game?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT