ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Thoughts on the game

TB Graham

Commander
Dec 10, 2010
1. Mississippi St is very good, very talented. They have guys who can penetrate and finish or dish, big guys who can finish. I don't know how they've shot all year, but obviously they shot very well last night. Howland gets them to defend, and they have some shotblockers.
2. We had some bad possessions at the end, but overall we were very good in ball movement. I would like to see Drew substitute more in the second half. I think that would have helped.
3. Joe just looked like the player he can be. He just had such a crisis of confidence earlier this year and was playing way below his ability. He doesn't have the ball handling skills to be a lead guy, but he can be an excellent supporting player.
4. Djiery - backspin is overrated.
5. I so love seeing our guys fight for offensive rebounds. That is really the only way you can beat a time that shot like Miss St did is either win the turnover battle or rebounding battle. They outshot us from the field, from three, and in free throws. We just had more possessions, and turnovers were even. We had 13 offensive boards to their 6.
6. And congrats to Riley. He could not be a better representative for Vanderbilt. He deserved this. He is a very gutsy player.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News