ADVERTISEMENT

The Only Logical Conclusion that I can come up with

88Buster

Captain
Gold Member
Sep 25, 2005
I tried to stay out of the fray yesterday and let the announcement sink in. I am as disappointed as most on here, and for the first time in my time as a Vandy fan, I am okay with them losing (the last 2 games of this season). I'm not cheering for them to lose - but I'm okay with it because it puts more pressure on the AD and "powers that be" to make a change.

Here is the only logical conclusion that I can draw. No matter what he says, ADMT clearly knows the CDM and his staff are not the answer. I'm pretty sure that the rest of the administration and all the influential boosters agree with this as well. BUT, if the people that control the funds have said that ADMT can either 1) terminate CDM and staff this year or 2) get started on football facilities upgrades this year, but not both, then sadly you have to pick #2. And, I think that falls in the "strike when the iron is hot" category. If you delay the upgrades to fire the HC and then next year is as bad as this year (which it will likely be regardless of who the HC is), then do you risk losing the urgency re: facilities? Like it or not, the LONG-TERM future of the football program is more tied to improved facilities than one more year of CDM.

Another year with CDM at the helm is going to hurt, especially with the team that returns next year. 2-10 is not out of the question. Attendance will be meager and many will say "I'm out for good." But, if real facilities upgrades are initiated and that attracts an exciting new HC that gives renewed optimism for success, is it worth that additional year of agony and will the fans come back?

I'm not saying I like any of the above. I want a new HC named in December. But, if ADMT's hands are tied, I can see the above as his "best choice among two shitty options."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News