ADVERTISEMENT

So disheartening

og706

Master
Gold Member
Nov 14, 2023
99% of the time VU ends up with the same disheartening ending. Every year new hopes are dashed with the same old timeless mishaps/screwups. No matter the game, VU 99% of the time has one of the following to blow the game: a costly fumble, interception, stupid play (i.e., the safety), or the ever popular missed FG. It happens so much we can predict it. This missed FG seems to be the most popular of all the miscues and after each game we, as fans, try to find positives about the outcome. We were competitive, we played hard, if we just wouldn't have ______. You fill in the blank and we have said it but the games and season always end the same with a very depressing losing season. This has been the case since I started rooting for VU football 40 years ago. I am so tired. By the way, for all the fans who think we should go to a lower division (and on occasion I have said the same), we would only eventually sink to the bottom it after several years. Pavia has kept us in games and made us look competitive so far this year but we still cant win and will most likely finish 3-10 or 4-9. Next year, without him, we will again grasp at positives during fall camp but then have our hopes dashed as always!! Its hard to be a VU fan!!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.