ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting **Recruiting notes - June 19th**

Sean_Williams

Admiral
Staff
Oct 14, 2013
Bowling Green, KY
vanderbilt.rivals.com
- Now that Christian James has announced his commitment, we don't expect the second known commitment from this past weekend to announce until later in the week. He's working on a fire commitment video - FYI.

- I posted a story on Trenton Johnson this morning, who was another official visitor from this past weekend. The coaching staff likes him at running back and Vanderbilt seemed to make a really good impression, but the staff is going to take a wait and see approach on him for now. There are more running backs coming in they want to evaluate at camp this week.

- I chatted with the QB target they call Quad last night. He didn't hide the fact that Vanderbilt is his number one school and while he sets very high on Vanderbilt's board right now, he's currently not committed. They have some other quarterbacks they like (including Justin Fomby and Jamil Muhammad, who both camped last week) and some more coming in this week they want to evaluate as well. That could possibly include a QB currently committed elsewhere that shall remain nameless.

- We've heard that Goforth's official visit over the weekend went really well and that the family and Goforth seemed really impressed with the staff, the university, and had a good time. It seems like the Commodores really increased their position with the four-star prospect. It's still going to be a tough battle to land him though with his list of suitors. Goforth is planning to visit Oregon this weekend.

- Who's next to commit? Here is my list of educated guesses: Ethan Zemla, Nicolas Toomer, Caelen Williams, Devin Boddie, Jaret Porterfield, Justin Harris, Jamie Pettway, Jarius Reimonenq, Cornelious Brown

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News