ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting Recruiting Notes - Jan. 22nd

Sean_Williams

Admiral
Staff
Oct 14, 2013
Bowling Green, KY
vanderbilt.rivals.com

- A bit of change of plans for the current Vanderbilt commit and his remaining visits before heading into signing day. With his recent offer from Baylor, he will now take an official visit there this weekend. Baylor replaces his original plans to visit Ole Miss, however, the Rebels are still in play despite Kaufman exhausting his fifth official visit on Baylor. The four-star prospect is expected to take an unofficial visit to Ole Miss the weekend of Jan. 31st. Kaufman had previously taken officials to Colorado and Memphis in the summer, Vanderbilt in December, and Florida State last weekend. He recently told Warchant.com, that it was between Florida State and Vanderbilt after his visit to Tallahassee. However, recruiting narratives change daily, especially when Kaufman is planning to visit two more schools between now and signing day.

- Lundy remains uncommitted coming off his Virginia Tech official visit last weekend. The three-star prospect also received an in-home visit from Kirby Smart and Georgia earlier this week. From what we're hearing, both Tech and Georgia are recruiting Lundy as a linebacker. Right now, he appears to be more of a backup plan for Georgia heading into the national signing day. Probably more of a priority target for Virginia Tech. Vanderbilt is still in the mix obviously with the difference being they like him at running back. Expect the Commodores to make their in-home visit pitches in the next two weeks.

- The three-star athlete became the latest 2020 target for the Commodores yesterday, a day after Georgia also offered McConkey a full-ride. Unlike Lundy, I'm hearing McConkey is more a priority target for Georgia, who is recruiting him as a defensive back. If that's the case, then I'd obviously expect him to end up in Athens. McConkey starred as a defensive back, wide receiver, quarterback, and returner - he tallied 3,051 all-purpose yards, had four interceptions (three pick-six's) for North Murray (Ga.) this past season.

- Memphis is the most recent school to extend an offer to Wilkins, who picked up an offer from Vanderbilt on Sunday according to his JUCO head coach. I haven't been able to get a hold of Wilkins, so I'm not sure what his visit plans are but one would assume Vanderbilt has a very good shot if they want him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News