FB Recruiting **Recruiting notes - 1/26**

Sean_Williams

Admiral
Staff
Oct 14, 2013
Bowling Green, KY
vanderbilt.rivals.com
Going to throw a few quick bits of info and reminder nuggets in this thread:

- DL target Christian Jones will be on his official visit to UCLA this weekend. All indications are that he'll be at Vanderbilt the first weekend in February. There has been some talk that Texas Tech is making a push, they have visited, but I wouldn't quite call it a push from what I've been told.

- Hawai'i grad transfer wide receiver Dylan Collie told us that he and his wife are going to visit Vanderbilt next month. He hasn't got back to us with the date yet, so we'll pass it along when we know. Coach Ludwig visited Collie this past week and extended an offer, here is what he had to say about Ludwig and Vandy:

"I think Coach Ludwig is phenomenal. You can tell he has been around the game for a while. He knows exactly what he wants out of his offense and out of his players. That is something I really appreciate. I've heard a lot of great things about the program. The pride that comes with being a part of the Vanderbilt family is something that I take a lot of honor in even being offered that opportunity."

- DE target Malik Langham is taking his official to Florida this weekend. Both C.J. Ah You and Derek Mason had an in-home with the longtime target this past week. Still a punchers chance for the Commodores, but Langham will ride this out til signing day or close to it. Tennessee will get his last official as of now and that could push them out in front.

- Former Washington State CB commit Erick Hallett told us that secondary coach Marc Mattioli extended an offer to him during an in-home visit on Thursday and that he has set an official visit up for the weekend before NSD.

"He (Mattioli) said I have an offer and he just wants to get me on campus to see everything and meet everyone. I am learning more about the program and what the school has to offer academically. They are an up and coming program that's on the brink of doing great things. Coach said he likes my versatility and that I would fit in with what they are trying to do."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.