ADVERTISEMENT

Reality, or negativity?

WoodyVU66

Admiral
Gold Member
Apr 8, 2014
Madison, Tn.
I call my thoughts about Vanderbilt football being realistic, but some in here think I'm just being negative.

For the record, everywhere I go, work, friends, etc, think that I'm one of the most positive people they know.

So, I've done some thinking on the matter. Since it’s just in here that I am thought of this way, it's got to be that I've been a Vanderbilt football fan for all of my soon to be 58 years, and it's just taken away any hope I have of my team, or the players on it, having success in football. Having only 4 or 5 winning seasons since 1966 does that to some people. The only ones that I actually remember are the '82, '12, and '13 seasons. I was only 8 in the '74 season.

Anyways, my point by being "negative" about Vanderbilt football is me trying to tell most of you to not fall for the hype that I've fallen for most of my life, that our players and coaches just simply aren't good enough. But, that's not fair to you. A lot of you still want to have hope, even though I believe most of you are smart enough to know what's coming, you just don't want to admit it. I used to be the same way, so, I get it.

Anyway, this is a long winded way of me saying that I will back off of some of the "negativity" in respect to you wanting to be excited for the season.

I hope this season is one we all enjoy! Anchor Down! ⚓️👇

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.