ADVERTISEMENT

Football Position-by-position thoughts: wide receivers and tight ends

Chris Lee

Publisher
Staff
Apr 27, 2004
I'm grouping them together because you'll probably see some overlap with Stowers playing both or flex tight ends and that sort of thing.

Anyway...

WR: Skinner/Founji/Wiley or McVay?
WR: Sherrill/Hoskins/Brown
TE: Spence/Adebi
TE: Stowers/Kam Johnson

If you wanted to go 3 WR, then Founji or Hoskins probably benefits from that extra spot.

General thoughts, in no particular order:
- Sherrill is their best WR from what I've seen.
- When I was there, Skinner just didn't do as much as I would have liked to see. He'll help but I don't see some kind of huge statistical breakout coming.
- If you've read our practice reports than you know we love Cole Spence. I think he'd poised for good things and is probably the most talented bu of the two rooms put together.
- Stowers was less of a factor as camp went on but I can't imagine him not boing a significant part of the offense.
- Kam Johnson is the wild card. He caught a ton of balls and is poised for bigger things.
- I thought Founji played better the last half of camp than the first half and probably will help.
- Richie Hoskins just consistently makes solid plays. He's earned a spot on the two-deep and will catch some balls.
- I don't know what Adebi does but it feels like it takes five men to bring him down when he catches it.
- I could see Brown or McVay getting some chances as the season progresses.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.