ADVERTISEMENT

Football Position-by-position thoughts: offensive line

Chris Lee

Publisher
Staff
Apr 27, 2004
First, it's out of my depth to give you detailed analysis on line play and so I'm not even going to pretend to go there. But I'll tell you what I've picks up on:

First, what might be the depth chart. I'll sort of list it from left to right, but that's not really how it's going to go since they'll flip sides with guards and tackles depending on what they're trying to do.

T: Mitchell/Sandoval
G: Castillo/Pitchford?/Starks?
C: Losoya/McConnell
G: Wesley/Hubbard
T: Hansen/Clark

Wild card: Grayson Morgan should have a role somewhere, presumably at guard, when he gets healthy. I have no idea one way or the other when that will be.

- I think Sandoval would be their third tackle and fit on either side and Clark has consistently been on the field with 2s also (and could play either side).
- The post-spring plan was to bring Hansen inside and so I don't know if getting him back to tackle is a sign of his improvement or disappointment elsewhere.
- Losoya seems to have earned center though McConnell has gotten a lot of snaps there. I think Losoya can also play guard.
- Hubbard not earning a starting spot is a surprise but I think that's where things stand.
- I think Pitchford fits in the mix somewhere at guard. He did start seven times and have her 500 snaps last season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.