Publisher
Staff
Apr 27, 2004
A stab at a depth chart:

DE: Sydnor/Zunk/DiCosmo/Agu
DT: Wood/Lee/Mann
DT: Outtara/Thomas/Seabrooks
Razor: Capers/Ruth/Diakate

Wild card is Christian James; he'll play somewhere if healthy but it feels as if he's sidelined as much as he's out there the last two years and so it's hard to know where he factors in.

- Sydnor and Wood feel as if they're played their way into starting spots. Feels like Sydnor has stood out more but I was there about 40% of the time for practice; I'm sure Billy and Joey can add thoughts.
- I"ll be intrigued with what they do inside. I think everyone wanted to see Outarra step up to his athletic potential and seize a job, and that seems to have happened. I know they like Thomas and Seabrooks really, really was active and out there a lot and so that's good. Mann's been out there a good big so even if he's a 3 I could still see him getting one- or two-dozen snaps a game.
- Would have liked to see Devin Lee step up and be a bigger factor but I just didn't see it. Maybe the injury hurt him in his development. I think you'd like to see a little more height there at that position to make throwing lanes difficult and they have some options with that with other guys.
- I put Ruth ahead of Diakate since the latter hasn't participated much of fall camp but at full health that may not be right.
- Agu just never advanced his game and I'm not sure he'll be much of a factor, which is surprising because physically he looks the part.
- It felt like DiCosmo was just a place holder until they found more of a difference-maker and it looks to me as if Sydnor and Zunk are just better players.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.