ADVERTISEMENT

Perplexing

hkdore

Master
Gold Member
Apr 11, 2008
hong kong
A few people have contacted me about ADMT's endorsement of Mason so I thought I'd post publicly that I am as perplexed as everyone else. I continue to have confidence in Turner because in my interactions I have found him to be a true professional.Smart,well-organized,driven,goal-oriented. I can only conclude that there are constraints which augur against making a very needed change at this time. Certainly the cost of the buyout is a factor as is the leadership vacuum pending the appointment of a new Chancellor (assuming Wente is not retained in the post).I view any campaign to raise serious $$ for football facility upgrades as DOA as long as the current coaching regime is in place. VU is currently ensnared in a vicious negative feedback loop. A poorly regarded head coach deflects criticism for his inadequacies by blaming inferior facilities yet better facilities are not a prospect so long as donors perceive (imo) the wrong leadership is in place. There appears to be a view that with proper support Mason could be successful.I do not share that view.More money thrown at football will not matter so long as players are unsure where to line up and 10 games into the season are unable to tackle properly due to poor technique.A bigger budget will not improve clock management nor fix the inability to get the ball to studs like Pinkney who has developed into the team's most talented decoy.

In my view we need fresh leadership and renewed energy. So many of the issues with this team should have been solved in training camp yet linger on the field late into the season. Six losing seasons is enough to make an objective judgment on this regime and I encourage everyone who cares to make their thoughts known to the school.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News