ADVERTISEMENT

On Review

NashNative615

Admiral
Gold Member
Dec 11, 2020
Rewatching the game with some spare time today to kill. I’ll add to this thread throughout the day but it’s unbelievable how much Kill/Beck out schemed Alabama. (Who made very little adjustments from drive 1 to the final drive). The quick and strong concept by far had its best day of the season. There were several plays where the quick side tackle is pulling to lead block and the TE is making an amazing block on the DE/Edge player who almost looks stunned by what is happening. Several new wrinkles that went unnoticed Saturday. I would say over the first 3 drive Bama stayed in the same defense (cover 1 with a nickel robber and 1 deep safety). They had a linebacker man coverage on the rb, and nobody spying Pavia. Which is 100% criminal coaching malpractice! They pretty much relied solely on their DL to set the edge and gap integrity. Spoiler alert, Pavia absolutely had their heads spinning with all the eye candy and Houdini ball handling. They did send the slot db on a couple blitzes that worked to blow up the mesh. But 3 drives in that is about the only adjustment I’ve seen Bama make.

Like I said I’ll add to this thread throughout the day as I find time to watch the replay.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.