ADVERTISEMENT

NIL---everyone gets some?

vandymick7

Sub-lieutenant
Gold Member
Aug 30, 2020
Now that we've got some time, I thought I'd bring up something that came up recently about NIL money. Several folks made some comments that very little if any NIL money should be directed to non-revenue sports. After all, who cares about women's basketball, soccer, men's and women's golf. These folks felt NIL funds should be directed almost entirely to football and men's basketball, especially football. It seems like I am often in the position on this board of standing up for non-revenue sports. In addition to football and men's basketball, I attend women's basketball and baseball games and although I don't attend other non-revenue sports very often, I do keep track of their seasons, etc. Now, I am not clear on what ADCSL now thinks about NIL funds and I don't know if it really matters. But I feel that each and every sport should be able to receive NIL funding not only to the level where they can field competitive teams but also have a realistic chance to compete for championships as well. It is the responsibility of the University to find ways to raise these funds. Football can receive the lion's share but every sport, even the non-revenue sports, need to be adequately funded.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.