ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting Milton (Ga.) 2025 TE Ryan Ghea details latest Vanderbilt visit

drew_toennies

Midshipman
Gold Member
Oct 8, 2022
Milton (Ga.) 2025 tight end Ryan Ghea, an out-of-state recruitment target from the Peach State, is coming off his fifth visit to Vanderbilt this past weekend, catching the Commodores in action against in-state rival and SEC foe Tennessee.

The 6-foot-5, 211-pound recruit out of Alpharetta, Georgia spoke with VandySportsDotCom about how his most recent experience at West End and detailed his favorite moments.

"It was awesome," Ghea said. "Great weather for the game, a packed stadium and I loved the time I got to spend with coach."

Ghea said that the Commodores have been involved in his recruitment for quite a while as his most recent visit this past weekend was his fifth trip to West End. He said in eighth grade, he took a trip to Nashville to compete in Vanderbilt's camp and met with associate head coach, special teams coordinator and tight ends coach Justin Lustig.

"The longest, that was my fifth trip up," Ghea said. "Went up when I was in eighth grade for camp and got to meet Coach Lustig. I like that he's always been honest with me the whole way. He is a great coach, asks a lot from his players but will give back to them."

In addition to garnering interest from Vanderbilt, Ghea has collected offers from Cincinnati, Connecticut, Florida State, Georgia Tech, Indiana, Liberty, Louisville, Mississippi, North Carolina State, Ohio State, Tennessee and Wisconsin.

Ghea, who is also being recruited by the Volunteers, said that seeing both schools was great and his favorite moment was seeing Vandy tight end Cole Spence getting playing time as a true freshman. He added that he liked seeing the Commodores giving younger guys some time on the field.

"It was good. I have an offer from Tennessee too, so seeing them both was great," Ghea said. "What stood out to me was seeing Cole Spence play as a true freshman. Knowing that they will give younger guys opportunities was cool."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.