ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan St fan…

Friedas_Boss

Admiral
Gold Member
Sep 17, 2003
Played golf with a Michigan St fan yesterday in our Match Play Tournament (almost Stephen Ames’d him) and we talked a little basketball.

A few things:

1) He said he hated AJ Hoggard, that he was a horrible shooter and pretty much the reason they sucked last year.

2) He didn’t know that Hoggard left MSU for Vandy. He was happy about that.

3) I asked if Hoggard was a victim of expectations, he said definitely. Said he was really good his sophomore year (could have been his jr year) and they expected more then he took a step back. Said AJ got into Izzo’s doghouse.

4) He said MSU only added one transfer and that Izzo is very anti NIL spending.

5) When asked about the baseball transfer, he said nobody cares about MSU baseball.

I’m sure some of his info was wrong, he’s an 09 MSU grad, big fan but he clearly doesn’t live on message boards like y’all nerds do. He did say he thought Hoggard was an NBA player but was just maddening that he shot free throws so well but couldn’t make an open shot when needed.

I will say that the fact that we have 3 point guards on the team is a big deal. Don’t need to put all of our eggs in the AJ Hoggard basket but if he plays well, that’s a very good sign.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News