ADVERTISEMENT

Mental toughness

Warrikk

Admiral
Gold Member
Feb 2, 2004
I thought we played with more desire and toughness than UK, and all of that credit goes to Lea. They had mostly the right defense against us, their DC had a funny way of wording it if you listened to the broadcast: “I don’t need my front 7 to “lie” to the next level.” But all he was saying is they have to move into their gaps so the LB can clean up. They mostly did just that and our athletes, Pavia, Stowers, Alexander etc beat their LBS. Thats almost a bigger sign to me than the Alabama game as it shows we can win after a team adapts to us. Which means we can potentially keep winning game after game.

I was dead wrong about Lea (except when I debated that person about the Missouri game and said Lea was a much better coach than Mason that was the one time I was right about Lea; damn I wish I could remember other user names like you psychos and find posts from weeks ago let alone years ago in the fell attempt to show one person was slightly more wrong than me 😜). But on a serious note; this isn’t a gimmick offense — this is a program on the rise. You can see it in the way the team put themselves out there for one another. Thats always the biggest sign to me of a team that cares and wants to win. Kudos to them and Lea.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.