ADVERTISEMENT

MEDICAL UPDATE: VandyGold

OriginalVUDores

Lieutenant
Gold Member
Jan 24, 2003
Lexington, KY
VandyGold, who is one of the earliest members of VandySports, and started the VandyGold tailgates, had quadruple bypass heart surgery on Monday. He is doing well but still in ICU at St. Thomas Hospital in Nashville. He did not have any indications of heart problems, but his condition was found due to a calcium scan that his Dr. ordered as a precautionary test. He was sent to a cardiologist who ran additional tests and decided that a heart cath should be performed, with the possibility of having to put in stents to clear the blockages. When they did the cath, the Dr. was unable to clear the blockages, so open bypass was necessary. As I said, the surgery was on Monday and VG was on the table and in recovery for 6 hrs or so. But he is sitting up, walking with PT, although in some pain.

He just wanted me to let everyone know that this is not a season ending procedure, but that he is on the inactive list for this Saturday. His future availability is considered day-to-day. Further updates will be posted as his condition changes. His last words to me today were #ANCHORDOWN .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News