ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting **J3M 7on7 tryout notes**

Sean_Williams

Admiral
Staff
Oct 14, 2013
Bowling Green, KY
vanderbilt.rivals.com
A few notes to pass along from today's tryouts in Franklin...

- Wilhoite has seen his recruiting stock rise of late after picking up offers from Arkansas and Florida State. He said he's hearing from Clemson, Ohio State, Louisville and will likely cut his list of schools down sometime soon and is aiming to be committed somewhere by this summer.

He said he's still hearing from Vanderbilt a lot and is planning to attend their junior day next Saturday with his family and attend the basketball game as well. He likes that Camron Johnson and Gavin Schoenwald are committed and mentioned C.J. Sanders possibly transferring is eye-opening. The four-star prospect is looking forward to talking with Hankton and Mason.

- Last time I saw Knox up close was during the summer at the 5-Star Challenge in Indy and today, it looks like he's grown a couple of inches and added some more muscle to his frame. Knox is another in-state prospect with a who's who list of offers. He said he stays in contact with Hankton constantly, brought up them beating Tennessee. Told me he plans to visit Vanderbilt soon for one of their junior days.

He told me he's hearing from Ohio State, Clemson, Notre Dame, Florida, Tennessee, and Vanderbilt the most.

- Mitchell wasn't part of the tryout today, but he was hanging out in the crowd. He told me he's hearing from Tennessee, Vanderbilt, Iowa State, and Stanford the most. In regards to Vanderbilt, he noted he loves it there and loves the staff's energy. Another nugget on Mitchell, his father is a Vanderbilt alum which can only help the Commodores moving forward.

- The four-star prospect said he's still in constant contact with Vanderbilt and is planning to attend their junior day next Saturday as well.

- A few highly-touted prospects from the Memphis area were also there. Two Whitehaven products that stood out were Cormontae Hamilton, a 2019 WR/TE, that visited Vanderbilt for a game this past season.

The other was 2019 OT Melvin McBride, the 6-foot-4, 315-pound prospect told me he'll be at Vanderbilt's junior day next Saturday. He is coming off his first year of playing football and he is already hearing from Indiana, Tennessee, Memphis, Ole Miss, and Vanderbilt.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News