ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball In Recognition of the Thread Below (Baylor Scrimmage) Talking about This Year's Team (Kornet Impact)

jfchatiii

Admiral
Gold Member
Feb 1, 2006
http://stats.gleague.nba.com/game/#!/2021700011/

In his first game - - 18 points and 4 blocks and 7 rebounds

I watched a little less than 2 Quarters . . . Luke's strengths were showcased . . . (i) shooting from deep, (ii) blocking and altering shots and (iii) his ability to pass (much better than most big men) [Even the announcers mentioned this quality more than once.]

Luke's shortcomings (or areas for development), also, were on display . . . (i) lack of lower body strength (as he was pushed out of position under the boards a lot, (ii) not having an explosive or "quick twitch" leaping ability and (iii) the need for more strength, in particular, hand strength to avoid losing the ball on "slap downs" from the opposing players.

All in all an encouraging debut. [At least one game into the season, Luke is tied for the League lead in blocked shots!]

By the way "G League" games are impossible to watch because so many of the guards/small forwards just want to chuck up their own shots every time down the court . . . very little team work on display, in my view.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News