ADVERTISEMENT

I can't believe that I'm saying this, but...

WoodyVU66

Admiral
Gold Member
Apr 8, 2014
Madison, Tn.
Everyone knows my feelings on Mason. So, I'm not going to talk about that today. It's game day!

Raise your hands if you didn't think that we wouldn't be 1-2 or 0-3 going into today's Northern Illinois game. Yeah, that's what I thought. Outside of a few people that live in fantasy land and think that we can win every game, we are right where most of us thought we would be.

The Purdue game was unacceptable (but in his defense, we just played Georgia the week before, that doesn't help. There's a reason there's a thing called the Bama flu.), but the other two were about what I expected. I even predicted in the predict the score thread that LSU would score 48 on us, so I wasn't to far off. Everyone knew that game would be a blowout.

My point is, like the other thread this week by @TLilly says, the season really does start today. We're right where we thought we would be, record wise. We have three of the best offensive players in our history, one in Cam that's showing potential to be mentioned like that in a couple of years, and a better than most of us thought offensive line that gets it's best player back today.

You know that I'm all about some Mason bashing, but right now let's concentrate on getting our first W of the year today and building a little momentum heading to Oxford next weekend.

Anchor Down!!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.