ADVERTISEMENT

How to stop our offense

Warrikk

Admiral
Gold Member
Feb 2, 2004
Would be to do the opposite of what ‘Bama did most game, which was to give their ends (or edges if you prefer) read responsibility.

We are an option and misdirection team and it’s working beautifully. There’s several ways to beat that, though. No offense is perfect or every team would run that offense.

The way I’d approach it would be to crash gaps and 100% have the edges crash the QB. I know this as “50 fire double four” but UK they will have different terminology but it’s the same thing. The edges on snap have zero responsibility but to crash Pavia. This puts more pressure on the inside linebackers, who have to first read the middle gaps (which are also being crashed by the DTS) but now have contain responsibility too. BUT, when you take people out of read you defeat misdirection and those edges 💯 on Pavia should make him have to give the ball up more, and sooner.

I didn’t see Alabama do this once. They assumed all game long they were so much more athletic they didn’t have to — which ideally is true ideally your talent means you can be less risky.

I’m curious if UK will adapt. And then of course do we adapt to their adapting. That’s always what fascinates me so much about FB, which team is two steps tragically ahead of the other. We were ahead of ‘Bama all game long.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.