ADVERTISEMENT

How are we feeling about the baseball team?

Friedas_Boss

Admiral
Gold Member
Sep 17, 2003
Sitting at 23-6 and 6-3 in the SEC, it feels like we are just a big ole maybe...

We have tinkered with the lineup, the weekend rotation, roles in the bullpen and have done a good job of mixing in some of the young and exciting bats. I tend to think the Carl's Jr sweep was more of an outlier that occurred because of a lot of fluky stuff (dropped 3 routine flyballs which led to something like 12 runs, routine throwing errors, dropped balls in the infield, etc.). I just think these guys are more talented than what happened there and if we play that series 100 times, I believe we win 2 or more way more than 50% of the time, but in that 3 game series, it was a total disaster.

@WestNashDore felt like we were at best a 15-15 team and that he'd take that and run to a regional as a 2 seed. I disagree with that, but I really don't feel like I know a lot more after the Mizzou series.

I felt like we really had something going with this lineup:

Austin - Leadoff
Jayden Davis - 2 hole
Kozeal - 3 hole
Espinal - cleanup
?
?
?
?
Vastine - 9 hole

I do wish Corbs would go back to that first 4, seems like he agrees with Vastine at the bottom of the lineup.

Anywho, I do think this team can still be a National Seed, but I'm not sure how realistic that is at this point. If we go win 2/3 at LSU, I think things begin to look a little more promising.

Current thoughts?

@VandyJunior2 @papahick4VU @BreakOnThrough @VUMatt23 @Chris Lee @Joey Dwyer @DoreFan @Hardcoredore

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News