Hello Vandy Fans - Got Time To Help A Football Fan?

Discussion in 'General Sports Forum' started by Onomatopoeia, Jul 26, 2014.

1. Onomatopoeia

Onomatopoeia Master
    Expand Collapse

Hey guys, how are you all?

UK football fan here. I was hoping you all could help me out a bit.

I'm a gamer and one of my favorite series was the NCAA football game. As most of you know, (and the ones who don't know) that game is no longer being made because Ed O'Bannon sucked in the NBA.

I am currently in the process of updating the SEC rosters so I can still play the game. Yes I know there are sites dedicated to making rosters, but I would prefer do it on my own as the sites that do these have so many teams to do, that most rosters are not as accurate as they could be.

I was hoping you all could just kinda give me an update on any roster changes that would have an impact on the current year coming up. I'm not talking about freshman, I got those. But any type of transfers that will be making an impact? Or maybe big time players that have left Vandy? I know you all had one player leave early for the draft.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

2. JBDore

JBDore Lieutendant Commander
    Expand Collapse

1. Steven Rivers will most likely start at qb. Don't believe the stuff about robinette. It sounds like it will either be Rivers or McCrary with the edge to Rivers because of his understanding of the offense.

2. Oren Burks will play safety and coach mason has been glowing in his reviews about him - could be one of the best in the country before it's all said and done.

3. RS Freshman Ralph Webb is the real deal - ridiculously underrated but has impressed everyone so far and had a huge spring game. Also RS Freshman Nigel Bowden (4 star) could be a serious player as a ILB.

4. Adam Butler could be vandy's best dlineman ever

5. Davis Dudchock (transfer from Stanford) will start at TE and be a big contributor. Ironically, he originally committed to vu before choosing stanford.

BTW - we are playing a 3-4 now so if you want to update things that would put Butler at DE, Taylor and Dixon at Nose, Lealoa at DE, Azubike and Woestmann at OLB.

That's just off the top of my head. Hope that helps and I freaking hate the discontinued that game. I hate madden so I'm basically stuck playing fifa which isn't all that bad.

3. Onomatopoeia

Onomatopoeia Master
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for all the info. I will be doing Vandy tonight or tomorrow one and will probably have more questions.

Yah, I dont know how to switch the team defense to 3-4 unless I'm in dynasty mode, and I'm not there yet. Unless you know how?

Yah, I hate that this great game has been canceled because of one idiot.

4. JesseWJohnson

JesseWJohnson Admiral
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

You can't really change the defense unless you go into a dynasty mode and even then, I'm not sure if the rosters (the one in your roster and depth chart menu) will really reflect it position wise, you may just have to go in within your "substitutions" during a game in dynasty and change things around from there.

I don't think any gen of the game, or any platform allows you to change the defense or offense playbook without going into dynasty mode. Also, I'm not sure about the latest gens of the game, if they are as manageable as the older ones were in this regard. I had NCAA 2012 on 360 and it was annoying by how much they "Added" yet also took out when it came to player editing or even basic roster editing...and I never tried playbook adjusting, so if you have some of the newer Gens, good luck on making some of the most basic adjustments. Never understood why EA would take something that was as good as it's editing capabilities in the 2009-2010 versions, and then make it less effective in the newer gens.

5. Onomatopoeia

Onomatopoeia Master
    Expand Collapse

Thanks all