Good Evening Commodores, Another USC Fan With a Question

Discussion in 'General Sports Forum' started by NCGamecock4, Sep 17, 2014.

1. NCGamecock4

Expand Collapse

We have a group of 10 couples that for the past 5 years have picked an away game to travel to. We're headed to Nashville this weekend for the game and really looking forward to it. Some of us are arriving Thursday, and some on Friday. By the time everyone gets there, I imagine it will be too late for all of us to come to consensus on dinner as well as get reservations somewhere for 20 of us for Friday night.

So my question is this...what is the one steakhouse that you would recommend for a group our size? We're not looking for Outback or anything like that. We're looking more on the Ruth's Chris level, but would really prefer something "local". So what is the best steakhouse in Nashville that is convenient to where we are staying (we are staying at the Marriott Vanderbilt right beside the stadium). We don't mind a 5-10 minute taxi trip, but don't want to be setting out on an expedition. We will likely head downtown (I assume that is the best place for late 30-late 40 year olds to have a few drinks while away from the kids for a weekend?) after dinner. If there are any other restaurants that you would recommend instead of a steakhouse, what are they?

For what it's worth, the fact that we have chosen this game to come to means that you probably start with a 10-14 point head start. Even with the success we have enjoyed with our football program the last few years, this group is 0-5 in attendance for away games.

Here's to a well played, injury free game on both sides. Thank you very much in advance for your recommendations.

This post was edited on 9/17 6:41 PM by NCGamecock4

2. Bud_Fox

Bud_Fox Admiral
    Expand Collapse

If you're staying at Marriott at Vanderbilt check out Jimmy Kelly's Steakhouse. It's right by your hotel and would be a very cheap taxi ride. I'm not sure about their seating accommodations, I provided a link for you to check out.

As for after the steakhouse, you'll get more of a "Nashville" experience if you go down Broadway and 2nd Ave [Cowboy hats and etc.] I'm a younger guy and I typically frequent the "Midtown" area over downtown, which is very close to your hotel as well.

Pretty much everything you'll want to do or see is around your hotel.

Anchor Down! [It will be impossible, but I hope your make the streak 0-6!]

3. Guy Gadbois

Guy Gadbois Master
    Expand Collapse

have not been there yet, but i hear kayne prime is legit downtown.

have had good experiences at the ruth's chris, flemings, and mortons in nashville.

have to second mid-town after dinner over broadway/second ave, although Roberts on broadway is my all time favorite bar in nashville.

i like the broadway brewhouse. winners, losers, the red door, although it seems like are always new and trendy places popping up. one area that seems to have gotten popular over the past couple years is 12th south. lots of trendy little restaurants and bars in this area as well.

then there's east nashville

4. Bud_Fox

Bud_Fox Admiral
    Expand Collapse

5. blackandau

blackandau Master
    Expand Collapse

Jimmy Kelley's...you asked for local and its local owned. It is in an older house and you can have a private room and party as hard as you wish. They also have a patio. Excellent wine list as well. Try the ho cakes.