ADVERTISEMENT

Getting Healthy/Full Strength

Brain13

Admiral
Gold Member
Oct 15, 2006
Franklin
Between the weird suspensions and normal injuries, we needed this week off. We may be mentally injured after last week, so a week off in terms of how 20-year-olds think is like 2 years of separation, so they can just forget Bama and focus on being home and double-planning for Ole Miss.

But now that we got to see Patrick Smith carry the ball and got Rocko a few carries that seemed like his old self, suddenly we are back at full tilt at RB and could still redshirt Gillespie if that's what he wants.

At WR, can we get Skinner back for Ole Miss, and will he finally be 100%? I'd sure like to see this offense with him plus McGowan/Bodie giving us all the targets. We need someone who can make them pay for the inevitable double teams on Sheppard.

At DT, what is the status of Davis? I have really enjoyed watching him fired up on the sidelines, like an extra coach. But is that knee healthy? Should he sit out the year and come back 100% in 2023? Remember Alan Young (who was on the field for the Elon game as a top 100 all time player a few weeks ago) coming back from double knee injuries to lead the league in sacks? I feel like he also missed several games before he returned and still became a beast. Can Davis do something akin to that and elevate our defense to a place it hasn't been in the first four games and catch Ole Miss off guard? Let's say he plays four games and we lose all four, he could still shut it down and return next year, but I'd only support him playing if it doesn't set back his recovery.

Any other missing folks I'm forgetting?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News