ADVERTISEMENT

Gabe Angel

lemeeks

Sub-lieutenant
Gold Member
Jul 24, 2001
Every time I visit the recruiting board (which is almostevery day), I recurringly think about what a lost opportunity that Vanderbilt

had with Gabe Angel. It is my understanding that he grew up as a diehard Vandy fan along with most of his family. What pains me is the role that Gabe could be playing for Vanderbilt and Mason as a recruiting supporter for other players (e.g. Nygel Edmonds). The recruiting success that we started to attain at an unprecedented level just a few short years ago was done in part through having people like Josh Grady or Brian Kimbrow selling the program to likeminded recruits. I know the boat has sailed with Gabe, but that doesn't stop me from wishing it weren't true.

Is there another local recruit in Nashville or around thestate that could possibly play this role and potentially get some positive

momentum going again in recruiting this year? I feel that some of the local guys signed in 2015 could help here too before they step on campus, but still thinking that Gabe could have been this guy in 2016. Any thoughts on who could jump on board early and potentially fill this role?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News