ADVERTISEMENT

Filet Manjon

Friedas_Boss

Admiral
Gold Member
Sep 17, 2003
I was really excited about Ezra and even more so when I found out that his last name paired so well with a nice Cab. After watching Filet Manjon for the past two games, I think we’ve found ourselves at a crossroads and I’m not sure what his role should be moving forward.

Defensively, he’s very good on the ball.

Bringing it up the court, he’s good.

I think the real disconnect with him is a lack of shooting ability. To me, unless you have elite drive and dish, you HAVE to be able to shoot to help space the floor. As it stands now, Filet is easy to defend because he poses zero threat of making a shot outside 9 feet (and thus far, really only a layup).

I have called Manjon the most important player on this team and it’s ability to have success and that appears to be true. If he can’t give any sort of threat of scoring from the perimeter, I don’t think he needs to be the guy moving forward.

As an aside, shooting is the easiest skill to develop in basketball. How in the world do you get to this point as a guard and just totally suck at shooting? How are you that completely unwilling to put in the hours? I don’t get it.

Jordan Wright and Myles Stute also need to either step up or slide to the end of the bench too.

Just an awful start from the 3 guys we absolutely had to get production from.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News