ADVERTISEMENT

Do you guys do this during basketball games?

15hrsaday

Commodore
Aug 1, 2009
Around about the time AJO left it seemed like VU basketball started fading at the end of games. I got in the habit then of looking at the score mid-second half to see what we might need to do to win, especially when we are winning. I'll think if we can get to XX then this game is a win. Last night for instance with around 8-10 minutes to go I was thinking if we get to 80 there's no way they score the 30 pts or so they would need to beat us. We probably needed 15-20 to get there. We all know what happened.

I guess there's a statistical probability of a win that can be calculated late in games since someone (maybe Philip) has posted that number in the game thread in the past. I'm talking more about typical fan superstition.

Maybe it's recall bias but having double digit leads mid second half that evaporate down the stretch has been happening a whole lot over the past 5 years. Sometimes we hang on to win but even those are often nail biters. I kind of assume we will get outscored in the last 1/4 of the game; that is a terrible feeling.

Just wondering if any other VU fans have that "hang on boys" sensation.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News