ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Bright side... Only 2 games out of 6th place

VUSeth

Jan 2, 2012
There is still plenty to play for in 2018. We are only 2 games back from 6th place in the conference. And 7 of the last 9 games are against those teams, which are all below .500 in conference play. The team can still make a run at a decent seeding in the SEC tourney which would help them make a run there.

There is a gleamer of post season hope. The magic number appears to be 9 games. There are a few different ways to get there but the most likely path would be winning 7 or the last 9 and picking up 2 games in the SEC tourney. Obviously the key for the NIT is getting above .500.

Obviously, winning the Tournament is really the only path to the NCAAs, again unless they win out, which is an extremely tall task, but would certainly give a decent resume, but even at that, there seems to be some work to do in the SECT. I don't see a team in the SEC that we cannot compete with, so anything is possible.

I know these are not likely scenarios and no predictor out there would give it any thought. I have just liked what I have seen the last 4 games or so and think this team is really close to putting it all together. Right now in conference play they are 5th in offensive efficiency. #1 in 2pt FG% and 4th in eFG%. There deficiency is obviously defense where they are last. Still need great improvement there.

I am not saying we win 9 games by any stretch, but I think this team can get out of the bottom of the standings and position themselves into a better seeding in the tournament. They've had an extremely tough schedule this year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News