ADVERTISEMENT

Analyzing College Gameday Chances

denverdore

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2021
Being from out of town, I'm flying in for the Texas game, and have temporarily convinced 3 friends to fly out for the game as well under the assumption we have very, very high odds to host Gameday next weekend.

Here are the possible matchups ESPN might choose:

TOP OPTION: Texas at Vanderbilt

Why they would choose this game:
  • The most buzzworthy team right now (WE'RE AN ELECTRIC FACTORY)
  • A media darling in Pavia
  • A ranked (fingers crossed) Vanderbilt team with the possibility to knock off ANOTHER #1 Team. Good storyline
  • The city of Nashville
  • A team that hasn't hosted Gameday since 2008
Why they won't choose this game:
  • They are in Austin this weekend for Georgia @ Texas and won't won't to cover Texas in back to back weeks. They might want to cover a non- SEC school (5 of the 8 weeks thus far have been at SEC schools)
  • Other high profile matchups (see below)
Other possible matchups:
  • Washington @ #16 Indiana- IU is undefeated so far, and last hosted Gameday in 2017. However, they might wait a few weeks until IU hosts Michigan or Ohio State later in the year. Washington is also not very good this year so not a quality opponent.
  • Nebraska @ #4 Ohio State- Nebraska might be ranked if they beat Indiana next week. However, if you're going to host in Columbus, might be worthwhile to wait for future Top 25 matchups (such as Michigan)
  • #21 SMU @ Duke- Both teams are 5-1. Only way I see this happening is if they really want to throw the ACC a bone.
  • #12 Notre Dame @ #24 Navy- Both ranked teams, both classic teams. However, they always do Army vs Navy for Gameday the last week of the year, so that would seem repetitive.
  • #8 LSU @ #14 Texas A&M- Not going to happen as A&M already hosted College Gameday in Week 1 vs Notre Dame

What do you all think? Am I missing anything??

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.