ADVERTISEMENT

Off topic An idea I’m kicking around...

Chris Lee

Admiral
Staff
Apr 27, 2004
... and “by kicking around,” I mean, I’ll probably launch in the coming days: I’m thinking of doing something like an informal “Monday musings” piece in which I’ll share thoughts on topics pertinent to Vanderbilt sports.

You’re probably thinking, “Well, isn’t that what you do anyway?” And yes, it is. But someone raised a criticism earlier in the week—and this was entirely fair—that I often sit on stuff and don’t share. And that’s true; sometimes it’s because those are things I can’t responsibly say at the time, or it’s background that I don’t have permission to publicly regurgitate, or any number of things.

But there is also a lot of fair truth there. Sometimes, it’s just info that I don’t have a place to print yet, but is nonetheless interesting and might give you an idea of things on the horizon, or developing stories, or whatever. And of course there is a market for that, and so long as I’m not violating a confidence or doing something unethical, I can’t think of a reason not to share that.

I’ve also thought a lot about how I fall into habits and how I fear my content can get stale. And I think that problem really gets compounded when there are historic levels of futility in what I’m covering.

Anyway... I think I’ll probably launch Monday and it’ll probably be more informal than most of what I write, but I think it’s time to change things up a bit and I’m thinking something along those lines might help.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News