ADVERTISEMENT

Football Amateur observation. D-Line

VANDYV

Master
Gold Member
Jul 3, 2005
I asked coach Mason about the D-Line about 2 months ago and he said he was addressing it and that next yrs would be a much beefier line and that I would really like it. So I thought I would put my 48 yrs of going to VU games, sneaking into practices every now and then plus every game tape I had to the challenge. This will be the players status NEXT year and current weight per VU Commodores. So I am guessing each player will be bigger next yr and was surprised about the amount of bodies. This list does not included anyone that might sign in FEB. Anchor Down!

S. Edwards 6-5 245# R-FR I would suspect he will have put on at least 10-15# and his HS film was very good and I know the board was high on him. Will be a great end for VU. Provides depth too.

C. Tidd 6-3 290# R-So Watched him in practice as a FR and he reminded me of a larger version of former player Ryan Aulds. Was told one of the strongest players on team. Got some limited experience this yr and did OK. Will only get better.

Sa"O 6-2 295# R-So Team could use him in the middle but he has to step up. Spring ball is going to make or 3rd team him.

C. Robinson 6-0 300# R-FR I had forgotten about him and went back and looked at his HS film. Could be the NT we are looking for with a RS yr on him. Another one I will be watching come spring.

Pickney 6-4 230# SO What little action he saw last yr I was impressed. Seemed to have a good motor on him and kind of wasted his FR yr. with lack of experience and injuries . I look for big things this yr.

Dayo Odeyingbo 6-6 270# ( weight per Mason ) may be the most talented FR D-Lineman I have seen in my 45+ yrs of VU football.

Dare Odeyingbo 6-2 272# SR The light came on 2nd half of the season and I see no reason why it don't get brighter in 2018.

Birchmeir 6-4 295# Another one I have seen in practices and looked the part. Just to small of sample size this yr to see. Hopefully stays healthy and if so will do a good job in Masons system.

DeBrossard 6-4 295# r-SR Saw him as a FR take 2 O-Lineman and push them both back 8 yards. heard he was a strength freak and that proved it to me. Staff wasted him last yr when they panicked and moved him to offense. Kid has beast NT all over him and they need to develop that !

Reitmarier FR ? 6-3 295# You all know what I know.

Mcallister Incoming FR 6-6 235# Think he would make for a great end pass rusher opposite Wright on the other side.

Mayle and Buchanan: Had hopes for Mayle and just know nothing about Buchanan to make a comment. HS film was so-so.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News