ADVERTISEMENT

Football After some thought and few days to digest the news...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BitterDore

Passed Midshipman
Gold Member
Nov 17, 2019
Obviously, I was not happy about the announcement to keep Mason. However, after a few days to think about it, I've came to a conclusion I wanted to share and get your feedback.

As it's been stated, Malcolm Turner is a smart man. My assumption is this, Turner backed Mason and used upgrades etc as an excuse. Why would he do that and give Mason at least one more year?

For a couple of reasons: 1) I believe Turner is thinking long term for the program. Would it really benefit the program for a new AD to fire the men's BB coach and the FB coach while only being on the job for a few months. Wouldn't truly good candidates be turned off by that and think they're on a very short leash and with a bad year, I can be fired? 2) With Turner and Mason being on the "same page" Tuner may have input on the new OC, someone like Matt Canada. 3) One more year for Mason makes his buyout cheaper and candidates can see that Turner gave Mason another season after having a horrible season and he still didn't get it the job done. 4) with Turner being involved with hiring new assistant coaches, if they can hire a good OC or DC, that could be the coach in waiting and even given the title of assistant HC

Thoughts?

Reactions: Vandy88
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News