ADVERTISEMENT

One Mississippi, Two Mississippi, Three …

BreakOnThrough

Lieutenant
Gold Member
Jan 12, 2014
My better half was tied up with a softball tournament so I made the most of the day.

I walked over to the baseball field after the basketball game and they were selling $20 General Admission tickets and they told me I could sit in any open seat except sections D-G.

I went straight to section H and found an aisle seat right behind the VU dugout.

There was a docent named Elaine in the section and she was completely aware of the GA policy and would help people find an open seat if they needed it … she was really amazing.

Ken Seals and about four other football players were in the row in front of me. The new seats are really nice.

The whistler was whistling and people who wanted to clapped and people who didn’t, didn’t. A utopia.

The team was awesome. Just total class in the way they conduct themselves. The winning part didn’t hurt. Chris Maldonado’s walk up song is Phil Collins “In the Air Tonight” and Calvin Hewett’s is “Hotel California”. As someone who does the music for high school softball, it was a pleasant departure from the rhythm and rhyming.

Concessions still pretty much suck.

The sun was glorious and the shape of the stadium shielded us from the wind, although I could see the umpire’s trousers whipping in the wind.

Today was a welcome feast of VU athletics for me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News