ADVERTISEMENT

I need a transfer commit

Paying Lewis anything was not well spent. His $ per point scored average had to the the worst in the US.
Ironically Paul Lewis had a Georgetown offer out of HS. Was offered by James Madison and Byington as well. I know nothing but I wouldn't count him out re: returning.

Ironically Paul Lewis had a Georgetown offer out of HS. Was offered by James Madison and Byington as well. I know nothing but I wouldn't count him out re: returning.
No! If he does, my sterling opinion of CMB would be slightly tainted. It is obvious he lacks SEC talent. He also is not the type of PG you want in a system where you hustle, shoot off the dribble, hound the other team on defense,or make rapid reads.

No! If he does, my sterling opinion of CMB would be slightly tainted. It is obvious he lacks SEC talent. He also is not the type of PG you want in a system where you hustle, shoot off the dribble, hound the other team on defense,or make rapid reads.
Again I have no insider info just that there are some connections there.

Bilal, Tanner, West, presumably a day one starter portal at PG, back court may be too crowded.

Just as a general principle, I think it's really reasonable to think that players who look sub-SEC under one coach could thrive under another. Not saying you're wrong, just that IMO it's way too early to judge our coach even a little bit on personnel moves until we see how they play out on the court.

That said I didn't watch much VU MBB at all this year and am a terrible talent scout anyway so maybe you're right.

Just as a general principle, I think it's really reasonable to think that players who look sub-SEC under one coach could thrive under another. Not saying you're wrong, just that IMO it's way too early to judge our coach even a little bit on personnel moves until we see how they play out on the court.

That said I didn't watch much VU MBB at all this year and am a terrible talent scout anyway so maybe you're right.
I don't disagree with this take. Lewis took a step back this year. Wacky turnovers. Bone head plays. But clearly had a green light to shoot from Stack. He bombed from 3 all over the court. Occasionally he'd hit one or two in a row but for the most part cost us possessions. Imo, Lewis needs to go somewhere where he can get 15 shots a game. He doesn't seem to have the talent or desire to be an SEC floor general. More like a 2 guard in a PG body.

Reactions: EBI831 and VUMatt23
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT