ADVERTISEMENT

Football gold color

vandymick7

Sub-lieutenant
Gold Member
Aug 30, 2020
Over the years, Vanderbilt has used many different colors of gold, none of which seemed to stand out. I have always wondered why they didn't choose a bright gold (yellow) and market that. Black seems to be the dominant color that is marketed and worn by fans. I have tons of black Vandy shirts---very few gold. When Sean Henry took over with the Preds, they were wearing a dull, mustard gold. One of the very first things he did was make the bright gold their color, saying that when they were on TV, he wanted the viewing audience to know there were Preds fans in those seats. Walk into Bridgestone for any Preds game and it is nearly solid gold. At any Vandy game in any sport, while fans may wear Vandy gear, the color does not stand out, it's kind of a mixture of everything. Every SEC school has a fan base that wears colors that easily identifies their school. I believe at one time, Florida even printed on their ticket whether fans should wear blue or orange that game. I think gold is a tough color to use in uniform combinations that look good but I still think the bright gold is still the best choice. For me, the baseball all black pinstripes are classic and all white always looks sharp.

Reactions: Brain13
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News